Thursday, January 8, 2009

Boomerang Bookstore: GREAT FOR STUDENTS!!!

So, lately we've been trying to get rid of stuff that we don't need, never have or will use, etc. I am constantly reminded that we still have SO MANY of our textbooks. Some from our 2 years at SUU, and even some from when Rodd attended UVSC (02-04???) So I've been listing them on Ebay and have not had much luck... So, of course, I've turned to the textbook buyback stores, which I HATE.

I did my research to make sure I didn't get ripped off too badly, and found this little store right by BYU campus and J-DAWG's (for those of you who are familiar). They buy, sell, rent, trade all different kinds of books, not just textbooks. Plus on their website, it says that they are even buying certain video games too... I sold a good stack of books to them and got a very good buyback rate. I actually ended up getting more than I even expected for some of them. :) You can see their website here. You can even email them your schedule and they will get the books that you need and let you know when they have them. Awesome? I think so.

Also, while I was there trying to get rid of my many books, there was a girl in front of me buying a book. One of the 2 guys that own the place said," You're not getting that book for [such and such] class are you?" She looked at him funny and said that she was. "Then that's not the book that you're looking for, you're going to need [such and such], but we actually don't have it in right now." I was impressed. They actually know what they're talking about.

I'm all for locals starting up their little businesses to make a buck or two, and when I see quality work I definitely spread the word. This little shop is definitely worth a peek!

3 comments:

Allyson said...

Thanks for the tip Ash!

Nancy said...

That's awesome. We have so many of Will's old books, and the bookstore is NEVER buying them back. We'll be headed to Boomerang over the weekend.

Anonymous said...

That's such great advice Ash! I might take advantage of it online! Thanks!