We had decided last week on Rodd's half birthday that we were going to be a grandma and grandpa for Halloween, thanks to the D.I. That night I got a gray curly hair wig. We went to D.I. on Thursday to pick out our costumes between Cory Mon's concert and Weekly Basketball. It was so much fun!
Well, initially we had gone with the idea in mind that we were just going to be a grandma and grandpa... Until we started picking out his clothes and said, "This is something my dad would wear." Wow. That's when the light bulb went on. This is what he came up with.



It was a lot of fun for us, unfortunately the family didn't get to see it, so we knew we had to take a lot of pictures. I had already picked out my costume when we had decided on this, but I think it works for a Nancy-Pants. But I will admit, Rodd's version of Kent is a little scary! Some of these pictures look just like him, I can hardly believe it, especially from a distance. We took this picture especially for the siblings... Rodd knew you would appreciate it. :)


All in all, we did have a great Halloween. We ordered some Chinese and read our book in between trick-or-treaters. I heard a advertisement on the radio for Smith's Marketplace that gave me the idea to put out a bowl of potatoes for the kids to take and see their reaction, then someone else swoops in with a bowl of candy and saves the day. It sounded fun so we busted out the potatoes. Pretty funny, most kids wouldn't have it... they looked at me like, 'okay, joke's over. Where's my candy.' We had a lot of Hispanic kids with their moms come by. We actually have a lot of Hispanics in our neighborhood, plus there is an apartment complex at the end of our street. With one bunch of hispanic kids that came by, Rodd pulled out the potatoes and the candy and said, "Here you go! But you can only choose one..." They laughed. All of the girls took candy, but three of the boys took potatoes! One of the kids turned to his mom and said, "Look Mom! Papas Fritas!" We asked him if he was serious and he said, "Yeah! I have plenty of candy!" What???? Just another reason why we love the hispanic culture.
We hope that everyone had a fun Halloween!
Fun and relaxing for us... :)
Fun and relaxing for us... :)

6 comments:
ROFL!!!!!!!! Wow! I am laughing so hard over here I am crying!! THat is crazy how close Rodd looks to DAD! I love it!! You look great too Ashley but like you said it's crazy how close Rodd looks to DAD! The reading and itching his ear with a key is great!! Oh, I love you to death Roddie Poddie!
Wow...you two look so charming!
You guys look just like old people! Rodd really is scary. He looks like he really is old. Your costumes are awesome! And I can't believe the boys really took the potatoes!! That is awesome. What good kids.
You 'da man, Archie!--Mom
Where are the pictures of Rodd? Who is that old man? Rodd is old before his time.
OH MY GOODNESS!!! These pictures are AWESOME! I love your costumes! It really is crazy how much Rodd looks like dad. LOVE the pants hiked up past your belly button! Mercy!
Post a Comment